Monday, April 1, 2013

You CAN Go Home Again, Thomas...

“I have to see a thing a thousand times before I see it once.” 
― Thomas WolfeYou Can't Go Home Again


"Going Home" is something precious to us military brats. Home is where your heart is.

Home is where your family is.

Home is where you came into this world.

Home is where you hang your hat.

Home is where you feel the most at ease.

Last week I went home again....or was coming home, coming to my mountains at the end?

I have decided it was both. I went home to the land of my birth, the land of my parent's birth, and their parent's before them. It is where, after a long career of traveling, my parent's went home again to.

It was wonderful. We had an amazing time. Feeling the hugs from family, listening to everyone laugh, sitting on the back porch. Those things are home to me.

Then at the end, we came back to our mountain home, the place where we are raising our family.

We were sad to have left our Arkansas home, but happy to be back in our Appalachian one.







No comments:

Post a Comment